There's nothing like crafts for the holidays

So work is finally over for the year! Great thanks to my editor for meeting with me and working a plan to keep us on track. Now it's time to turn my mind toward preparing for Christmas. I don't mean shopping-I'm done with that really. I'm talking about crafts! The kids are out of school and we need things to do. I'm hoping to find some craft ideas for a table centerpiece the kids can make. Maybe paper angels or something like that.

It's also time to restring my guitar. My twelve-string guitar is currently masquerading as an 11-string at the moment and I'm ready to fix that. Oh, and the strings are OLD. So what to do with the old guitar strings? My first thought is jewelry. I love beading, so I think I'll give it a try with the guitar strings. I'm thinking necklaces and bracelets. I've read some ideas such as making flowers, but most of those appear to require heat equipment. I'm going to try and find some time tomorrow to explore the possibilities. I'll take pictures and post tutorials if I get anything cool made.

What are your favorite Christmas children's crafts? I'm looking for ideas and I'd love to hear yours.

Comments

Jennifer Hudson said…
Sent you an email with some links.

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Stripe Scarf

New Pattern: Neapolitan Baby Shrug

Mental Health Care