Now what? Log Cabin!

I've been knitting on the same scarf for a year. It's a Steeler's version of the Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban scarf and he loves it. I'm so happy that he likes it so much. I also finished the spa set I made for my SIL. I can't wait to be able to send it to her. Hmm, better do that soon. Unfortunately, all this accomplishment leaves me with the ever-present question: Now What?

I tried starting a hat, but lost interest after two false starts. I really should give it another go. The scarf I'm trying to match had at least four false starts and came out great. The real answer on that hat is to either crochet it or use the loom, I think. I started to work on a needle case too, but that also turned out to be beyond my vacationing brain to comprehend. I even pushed through another crochet chunky hat since my pink one jumped ship while I was in Calgary in October. That only took a few hours.

So tonight I pulled out my Mason Dixon Knitting book. I've looked at it many times and usually can't really connect with any of the ideas. But this time I saw the Log Cabin afghan (aka Joseph's Blankie of Many Colors) and I love it. I have tons of extra yarn sitting around and this is a great way to use it. Not to mention, I'm great at the unpattern knitting pattern. ;) If it doesn't require much brain cell usage, I'm game.

I'm looking forward to another year of working mostly from stash yarn. We'll see how effective I can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Stripe Scarf

New Pattern: Neapolitan Baby Shrug

Mental Health Care