Happy holidays

I hope you're all having a nice night with cup of hot cocoa, a home-stitched afghan, and a cozy little fire in the fireplace. It's been a pretty good week here, too. The shopping is done, even for the stocking stuffers. The pre-cooking for Christmas Dinner is under way, the cookies are almost ready to bake, and the knitting and crocheting has been fun.

I finished the Steeler's Scarf that's been in progress for over a year. It was my first very large undertaking with knitting and I'm proud to have finished it. I'll try to post pics after hubby opens it. I now need to finish the little spa set I'm working on for my SIL. Washcloth and soap sack are done-complete with homemade soap from Ren faire-and the bath mitt is getting close.

And tonight, while I was looking for a pattern for slippers for my oldest son, I heard a huge bang at the front of the house. I thought it was the door, but no. It was not the front door. It wasn't Santa Claus either, unless he was aiming way too low and was coming early. No, someone threw something at my house and broke one of the front windows. It scared us half to death and I'm sure we did all the wrong things for the situation. The police arrived, looked the scene over and went. They suspect it was someone who wanted to break in trying to find out if we were home. Good grief! Now we get the joy of finding someone to fix the windows on Christmas Eve. Yay.

On better notes, my shoulder pain is almost history. Yay! Headaches are back, though. Boo. I'm in the midst of 17 days off from work! Yay! I'll end on that one, because I like high notes. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Stripe Scarf

New Pattern: Neapolitan Baby Shrug

Mental Health Care