Trying Something New--Updates

This is my weekly update on the new therapy for my fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.  I decided in December that it was time to try something new, so I am working with a hemp-based, zero THC therapy to address my pain and energy loss.

This is my second week taking the therapy as two half doses taken in the morning and afternoon.

Monday: Took 2 half doses, both before lunch. During the morning I did my usual thing--sit around playing games on my tablet until after lunch. After lunch I left the house and visited someone in the hospital. While it's a big hospital with lots of walking, I did not feel fatigued during or after the visit. There's no need for us to go into all the yelling I did trying to figure out where to park. 😇😆 The only noteworthy thing is how draining that kind of stress usually is for me physically.

I spent the rest of my afternoon getting paperwork done and had a meeting that went until 8pm. At the end of the meeting I was still awake and not dragging, which was a good thing. Just after we broke up, I got called out to a crisis call. (I serve as an Emergency Chaplain in Durham County and this was my on-call shift.) I spent the next two hours supporting first responders and comforting a family that lost a son. I got home around 10:30pm. What amazed me is that while I was tired, it was a normal level of fatigue. I haven't felt that normal in 18 years.

Tuesday: I was fatigued and got up late due to getting to sleep late after my call. As usual, I grabbed my hemp oil (half dose) and a cup of coffee and played a few games. I made lunch for me and my husband and then watched a couple episodes of Hell's Kitchen. After lunch, I felt energized enough to go for a walk. I decided to try a new route and drop by the grocery on the way home. It was 2.25 mile walk (including the store). I did a few sets of wall push-ups later as well. I took a second half dose around 3pm. That night I was able to make dinner and dessert and still wasn't completely exhausted.

Wednesday: I got up early on Wednesday and did a few hours of volunteer work. We lugged and set up equipment, did an hour presentation, then went home. Took my second dose around 3pm. I made dessert in the afternoon so we could have it after dinner, which I also made. I am feeling sore, mostly from yesterday's push-ups, and tired. However, I feel better than usual.

Thursday: I forgot my afternoon half dose today and I felt it. I didn't even realize until after dinner that I was back to dragging so badly (let's face it--that was the norm for so long it's easy to overlook). I didn't want to take it late, so I skipped it.

Friday: Took both my half-doses and felt physically good. My emotions were way low for personal reasons, though. My depression was definitely getting the best of me most of the day. I do not take anything else for that.

Saturday: Took both my half-doses and was able to go with my husband on two 90-minute drives and move furniture. I missed the afternoon dose (we weren't home yet and I forgot to bring it with me), but it wasn't too bad. My morning dose was late anyway, so it seemed to even out. By the time I was dragging it was bed time anyway.

Sunday: Depression was back on Sunday, though not as severely. I skipped church because I just didn't feel like sitting alone again. But the rest of the day was pretty good. Got groceries delivered and dinner cooked. I also made a menu for the rest of the week so I can keep making dinner without having to keep going to the store constantly. That night I took my family outside to see the Super Wolf Blood Moon. I usually skip events like that b/c it's so late, but we enjoyed it and it wasn't hard on me despite the cold.

All in all, I'm feeling optimistic about this therapy. I was afraid the first few days were just psychosomatic and my own optimism. However, this week has me feeling encouraged that this isn't false hope. I felt some soreness after workouts and some events of widespread pain, but both were much lower on the pain scale than usual. 

I'm going to keep going with the half-doses twice a day and see how things go. I'm hopeful that this will help with my depression as well as the physical health, but that will take 5-8 weeks I think before an answer will be clear.

For those of you who have asked, the therapy I'm using is called Q-Fuse and I will be glad to share any specific information you are interested in. My goal with the blog has been information, not selling, which is why I haven't mentioned it much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Stripe Scarf

New Pattern: Neapolitan Baby Shrug

Mental Health Care