Happy New Year!

A happy new year to everyone! Feliz dos mil diez! Have a wonderful 2010! In the light of looking ahead, I thought I'd start the year off right with another blog. This is likely to become my primary blog over the next year.

Year in Review
It was a rough year at work and the annual project still isn't over. I can't wait until it is over so I can move on to something simpler. In the meantime, the economy being what it is, I'm taking on an extra endeavor for some extra cash. More on that later. A new focus for the next year professionally will be to publish articles in Intercom and give more presentations at the local chapter and at conferences.

Both of my boys have grown tremendously. Connor is now taking Taekwondo. He should get his orange belt soon. Ian has made a ton of new friends in his pre-kindergarten class. He's doing so many new things and he loves to play school when we are at home or in the car. It's one of our new activities on weekends, too.

DH and I have had a growing year spiritually. It's been a long journey to get to where we are, but we are in a good place now. To be sure there is much growing and learning left to do for all of us, but life is a journey, after all.

Looking Ahead
This is sure to be a tough financial year for us. I'll be taking on a second job, selling lia sophia jewelry. I'm hoping this will bring in enough to cover our 2009 taxes and maybe give us a night out once in awhile.

My mom and sister got us a Wii console for Christmas (though they might not know it yet) and my dad & step-mom got us a Wii Fit Plus. We played with it last night and I intend to play with it every day. I don't know how intense it will get, but it sure beats watching reruns of shows I don't care about while sitting still. I could say I'm making a resolution to get fit, but I'd rather just start changing the lifestyle again. My main intent is to cook dinner more often. If I plan ahead I should be able to make it happen.

I also need to spend more time with friends this year. Over the last few years we've let ourselves get driven into the house and away from many of our friends. I think it's time to get our more often and see those friends.

I hope your new year is a good as it can be. Let's make it the best year yet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Stripe Scarf

New Pattern: Neapolitan Baby Shrug

Mental Health Care