What's New

So last night I saw a new group on Ravelry for crocheters that want to learn how to stitch (it's called I Wish I Could Knit!). I joined it and started getting some suggestions from more experienced crocheters-turned-knitters. I got pretty excited about it (no idea why) and this morning I picked up some knitting needles and a new skein of cotton yarn.

The suggestion that the other users gave was to try using the continental method. I tried it and was amazed to be able to say ... wait for it ... I DID IT! I figured a dishcloth would be an easy place to start, but heaven forbid I should choose a simple one, right? So I found a really cool one with a coffee cup picture in the middle.

I did manage one unintentional increase, but I fixed it with a simple decrease and think I've got a handle on it now. I've completed the first 13 rows and I'm excited. I hated to stop tonight, but it is late and I do have to get up with the kids tomorrow.

Plus tomorrow I get to finally meet Dona IRL, so I better get some freakin' rest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Stripe Scarf

New Pattern: Neapolitan Baby Shrug

Mental Health Care