Fighting Migraines

After a year and a half of having almost no migraines, they recently began to recur. I used to have migraines for months at a time. I would have 2-4 migraines per week, though some of those were probably the same one not really going away, and last for about three months. I would try a migraine medicine and it would work--for about three months. Then it would become ineffective--most likely from frequent usage. I will confess that I have grown accustomed to not having these migraines.

Unfortunately, with the onset of spring and pollen season, they have returned with a vengeance. I made an appointment with my new PCP and she recommended going back go those medicines. I went along with it, but with the frequency and severity of the migraines I am afraid that these medicines will be ineffective again. It took about three doses for it to help the first time. So instead of just taking these medicines, I've decided to return to my practice of herbal and essential oil remedies.

After much research, I've decided to try feverfew. Taking it with my medicine helped, so I am now trying a daily dose of feverfew as a preventative. After a week and a half, the only time I have experienced a headache was when I forgot my feverfew dose and none of those turned into migraines. I am feeling hopeful that this might be a good answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Stripe Scarf

New Pattern: Neapolitan Baby Shrug

Mental Health Care