Accepting Self

It's been a long time since I posted here. Not since my last birthday, in fact. Part of that reason is I've been in a flare with the Chronic Fatigue for almost a year. I rarely find energy to do the extra things that I want to do. Sometimes my brain just doesn't want to work.

Recently I was forced to take a good, long look at myself and my health. I realized that I missed almost a month of work for sickness last year. That doesn't include the days that I worked from home when I was sick. I finally looked at that number and thought, "A month? That can't be right." It's not normal, anyway. So I broke down and talked to my doctor. I took my articles, my list of questions and concerns and we had a good long talk. She wants to try some new therapies, though I am thinking it might be too late. But we're trying them b/c she's the medical professional, after all. One of those new therapies is working okay, but the other had to be discontinued due to side effects. We might try it again later, but not right now.

I have had to cut down on many of my activities. I quit my side business with Jamberry. I'm only taking one class at a time for school. I'm still exhausted, however. I started keeping a journal of my symptoms and energy levels daily. I am hoping that will help.

In the meantime, I have one new craft I took up right after my birthday. Sock knitting! WTH, right? I started this blog off talking about how much I hate socks 'cause they make no sense. I finally got too jealous of all the lovely knitters and crocheters out there with their beautiful, lovely home-made socks. So my grandparents gave me some money for my birthday and I bought a sock loom. I finished one pair. I started another, sort of Easter
colors, and I'm hoping to finish them in time to wear for Easter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Stripe Scarf

New Pattern: Neapolitan Baby Shrug

Mental Health Care