Tweet Tweet

I've recently started using twitter to post status updates. I'll admit I'm not as prolific as some of the more serious users, but I'm trying to keep it updated. I've added those updates here for those who might be interested.

In other news, I seem to have developed a serious issue with my shoulder. It started about the same time as I started learning to knit, so I was just sure that it was all because of that and I was going to have to go back to my monogamous relationship with crochet. Don't get me wrong-I love crocheting, but it's always exciting to try something new. How many of us crocheters out there have ever looked at a knitting pattern and said, "I sure wish they made THAT pattern for crochet, too!"

After getting sick for about five days and doing very little besides sitting on couch and knitting, I discovered something: my shoulder was fine! But the day I went back to work, it hurt like all get out. Lesson learned: It's called repetitive stress injury from too much time slouching at the computer. I'm now seeing a doc about this. We're going to try physical therapy tomorrow and then I can schedule my follow-up with him. He actually noted that my entire body is a bit crooked, kind of slanted to the right side. Who knew? So all of y'all who are young yet-pay attention to your posture! It really does make a difference!

I'm in the process of going off one of my meds and I'm getting the headaches to prove it. I've had a migraine for two days now, but I'm managing to get a couple hours breaks from it here and there with migraine meds. I'm hoping it will go away all together soon. We'll see.

It must sound like I'm just complaining constantly, but that's really not the case. These are just things going on and part of life for me. I've learned to accept that much. I have my bad days when I can barely lift a crochet hook and my good days when I can vacuum and even wash the dishes after work. It's just a matter of making the most of the good times and now wallowing during the bad ones. Netflix has kept even those bad days pretty entertaining and my two boys area always there to give me a hug and a kiss when I hurt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Stripe Scarf

New Pattern: Neapolitan Baby Shrug

Mental Health Care